Koh Samui Thailand
Koh samui is Koh Phangan’s bigger sister island and is famous for its large natural resources; plenty of coral reefs, coconut palm trees and beautiful white and sandy beaches. Koh Samui’s capital is the major port Nathon and it is located at the southwest coast of the island.
Find Koh Samui Hotels and Resorts
Things to see and do on Koh Samui
- Chaweng Beach is the major beach on Ko Samui and it has lively night life and many parties and trendy restaurants to offer. All along the beach road you will see various bars and pubs like the “Green Mango”, “Sweet Soul Café”, “Mint”,”Sound”, “Soi Reggae”, “Q Bar” and “Springer Pub”.
- Lamai Beach Koh Samui is another party place packed with bars and exciting nightlife. The beach is less crowded as in Chaweng.
- Maenam Beach is a very nice and quite beach, located in the north of Koh Samui. It is nice for swimming and sunbathing and a good option for families with children.
- Bophut Beach Koh Samui is situated in the north of the island and is a popular starting point for diving tours. The place has an arty atmosphere and nice boutiques, pubs and quality restaurants.
- Big Buddha Beach is located in the north-east of Koh Samui and is a popular spot due to the ,i>Big Buddha Temple (Wat Phra Yai). It has a 15 meter tall statue of the Buddha which was built in 1972.
- Samui Aquarium and Tiger Zoo is located at Ban Harn beach and offer a fun day out for families. The aquarium offers an amazing collection of tropical fish, turtles and colourful coral. The tiger zoo is home to Bengal tigers and leopards.
- Samui Butterflies Garden can be found in the south-east of the island. There is a huge collection of different butterflies, some of them a quarter of a meter wide.