Haad Rin Koh Phangan
Haad Rin (or Had rin, Hatrin) is a small peninsula at the South eastern tip of Koh Phangan and is a 20 minutes drive from Thong Sala. The area is the epicentre of the famous Full Moon Party in Thailand.The town of Haad Rin has all main facilities like ATM’s, travel agencies, a pier with boats to Koh Samui, supermarkets, pharmacies and a medical clinic. Haad Rin is the most popular and lively area of the island, with many bars and restaurants, plenty of small boutiques, music, art and tattoo shops.
Haad Rin Beaches
Haad Rin consists of two beaches, Haad Rin Sunrise beach (or Haad Rin Nok) and Haad Rin Sunset beach (or Haad Rin Nai). Haad Rin Sunrise beach Koh Phangan is the more beautiful beach of the two, having a nice long sandy strip lined with coconut palms and some snorkeling is possible as well at the southern tip. Sunrise beach has several restaurants, bars and resorts and is always lively. Haad Rin Sunset beach Koh Phangan is much quieter. The two beaches are less than a 10 minutes walk apart.
Leela Beach on Koh Phangan (or Haad Seekantang) is on the most southern tip of the island and just 10 minutes walk from Haad Rin. It is a beautiful beach and worth spending your nights.
The south east side of Koh Phangan island consists of a few secluded and isolated sunrise beaches and coves, mainly accessible by boat. Haad Yuan has a nice beach with excellent swimming and is becoming more popular. Haad Yao East is a remote, deserted beach with good swimming and rocks on both ends of the beach. Haad Thian (or Had Tien) has a gravelly and rocky coastline with just a small strip of sand. The swimming here is good and an alternative community “The Sanctuary” offers courses and activities here. If you want to learn the art of Muay Thai boxing on Koh Phangan you can visit Horizon Muay Thai training camp.
Below the photo gallery you find information about nightlife, bars, restaurants and accommodation in Haad Rin.
Haad Rin Accommodation
Keep in mind that most hotels and resorts in Haad Rin are fully booked well in advance of each full moon party. Usually it is best to make a reservation at least 1 or 2 months in advance. You can book your resort in Haad Rin through our partner Booking.com.
Some of our personal favourites and long runner Haad Rin resorts and hotels are:
- Coco Hut Beach Resort – Leela Beach
- Delight Resort Hotel – Haad Rin
- Fairyland Club Resort – Haad Rin
- Neptune’s Villa – Haad Rin
- Phangan Ingphu Resort (formerly Full Moon Hill) – Haad Rin
- Sarikantang Resort – Leela Beach
- Sea Garden Resort – Haad Rin
Haad Rin Nightlife and Bars
Haad Rin is the place to be if you are looking for a very lively place with young people and a lot of nightlife. In Haad Rin you will find a big variety of bars and clubs. Haad Rin Sunrise beach is always lively, even outside full moon. At the end of one of the small main streets that lead you to the busiest part of the beach you will find close to each other several bars and clubs.
- Drop In Club is a popular place playing popular hip hop, RnB and music from the charts.
- Zoom Bar and Vinyl Club both playing psy-trance and techno.
- The Cactus Bar is playing mainstream tunes.
- At Sunrise Beach Club live dj’s play house music from a couple of days before the full moon.
- On the northern end of the beach you can relax, have a milkshake and sit or dance in a mellow atmosphere in the Mellow Mountain.
- The Backyard Club on a hill behind the beach organizes a party every Sunday and the famous full moon after party.
- Reggae House is located close to Haad Rin Sunset and offers a relaxing atmosphere with hammocks, beanbags a pool table and a lot of reggae music.
- Club 9 is the largest indoor club of the island. They organize theme nights, parties with high quality guest Dj’s and it is also possible to arrange a private VIP party here. Besides the parties Club 9 is home of the famous Skittle Vodka and they also serve tasty Italian dishes all day and night!
The Backyard Club in Haad Rin is the place to be on the morning after the Full Moon. After sunrise have a breakfast at ‘Chicken Corner’ and then head to this banging after party which takes place between 10 am and 10 pm. They also organize a weekly party every Sunday with progressive house and breaks. There are several places organizing warm up parties on the evening of the full moon. Between the Haad Rin pier and sunrise beach you will find the nice and popular Warm Up Bar, a good meeting point and place to get in the mood for the big party. The Outback Bar is located in the same area and is a nice meeting point as well. The Same-Same Lodge doesn’t play trance, house or techno and you can expect loads of alcohol flowing, crazy people and a crazy vibe.
At Guy’s Bar in Haad Thian you will find a completely different atmosphere. Because the party is not very easy accessible, best by longtail boat from Haad Rin, the crowd is smaller and the party more intimate. The excellent parties at Guy’s Bar are usually attended by an older crowd of beautiful people. The music is non mainstream techno and house.
Haad Rin Restaurants
Haad Rin offers a lot of different restaurants so you can eat whatever you feel like; from the delicious local Thai food to Indian, Mexican, French, Italian, Israeli, Moroccan and so on. Haad Rin Sunset is quieter but also has a nice selection of bars and restaurants.
- In the mainstreet behind the beach you can find “Chicken Corner” where you have several little restaurants serving food all day and night.
- In the small streets that lead you to the beach (“soi”) you will find places like Emotion of Sushi (lounge bar serving sushi and fusion food) and Pardadox where you can enjoy the French cuisine.
- While walking from Chicken Corner towards Haad Rin Sunset you’ll pass Nira’s Bakery, a good place for coffee and a sandwich.
- At Same Same Lodge and Restaurant you can eat good burgers and shoarma. They also serve Scandinavian and British food in a very lively bar. There is a big screen showing sports, a pool table and free Wi-Fi. A Thai band plays famous covers to get the crowd in the right mood. The live music is always on full moon and in high and peak season twice a week. There is a full moon warm up party with international buffet and live music.
- Casa Nostra Pizzeria is located next to the 7 eleven, it is a small restaurant with great Italian food.
- Lazy House is the perfect spot for a full English breakfast and other European dishes as well, you can find this restaurant near the pier.
- The Warm Up Bar and the Outback Bar regularly have live dj’s playing house music.
- Near the pier you’ll find Om Ganesh a good Indian restaurant.
- Bamboozle is a Mexican restaurant with great food and cocktails.
- Neptune’s Villa serves Moroccan food like kebab, humus and cous cous.