Thong Sala Koh Phangan
The port of Thong Sala on Koh Phangan is located in the Southwest and is the main town where most boats dock. Thong Sala has many shops, jeep and motorbike rental shops, several internet shops, massage, pharmacies and medical clinics. Here you will also find all major facilities like banks, ATM’s, a post office, telephone and fax facilities, and travel agencies. Because of its central location Thong Sala is a good place to stay if you want to explore the island of Koh Phangan.
Thong Sala Restaurants and Bars
Thong Sala has many bars, some with pool tables and TV for live sporting events and there are also several Thai and Western restaurants.
- If you want to eat cheap and authentic Thai food, the market next to the 7 Eleven supermarket down town is a great place to find different food stalls.
- A’s Coffee Shop offers the “world famous” travelers breakfast, delicious pasta, burgers and Thai food. It is not the cheapest place but offers high quality meals and cocktails and free Wi-Fi. Coming from the pier going into the mainstreet it is located in the first street on the right. Open daily from 10 am to 9pm.
- Near A’s Coffee Shop you can find La Casa Italiana where you can enjoy delicious italian pastas, pizzas, salades and wines. This is one of the most popular restaurants in this street.
- Ando Loco offers authentic Mexican food and latin cocktails. The American chef Ando uses the best ingredients and imported spices. On the menu you’ll also find 8 different Margaritas.
- In the Big Mango just outside the center on the way to Haad Salad you eat in a more quiet and romantic atmosphere.
- Musashi Sushi Bar is located near the food market and the 7 Eleven and offers fresh sushi and free Wi-Fi. They also offer take away.
- Pizza Chiara is under Italian management and serves very good traditional pizza and pasta.
- The Vantana is an English pub and is open from 8 in the morning till about 9.30 in the evening pm.
- Yellow Café is located on the corner of the mainstreet near the pier and an ideal place for breakfast or lunch. Watch the boats arriving or leaving while sipping a cappuccino. The place offers free wi-fi internet as well. Opening hours 9 am till about 4pm. Closed on saturdays.
- On the road near the pier Nira’s Bakery recently opened their third breakfast restaurant on Koh Phangan
- The Food Factoryis open 24 hours a day and the perfect spot to grab a hamburger or pizza while enjoying live sports on their wide screen TV’s, you can find the Food Factory on the main road between Thong Sala and Ban Tai.
- The Pita Stop serves tasty kebab, gyros, hamburgers and numerous other sandwiches, open till 3 AM! The Pita Stop is located on the main road between Thong Sala and Ban Tai
- Just opposite of the pier you find the Har Pub, a very nice Irish pub with great food and drinks
Would you like to stay in shape during your holiday? Visit The Body Gym on the main road between Thong Sala and Ban Tai. A Fully equipped and air-conditioned gym where you can do your daily work out or join the different group classes like aerobics, abs attack etcetera. On Saturday evenings the new Chinese Street Market is a great place to visit for some evening shopping, you can find the market in the small street on the right hand side coming from the pier area.