Ban Tai on Koh Phangan
Ban Tai (or alsoBaan Thai) on Koh Phangan is a small fisherman village in the South West where you will be able to find a pleasantly tranquil feel. Ban Tai is also home for the famous Half Moon party and Black Moon party. Tourists tend to visit Ban Tai beach for several reasons: the gorgeous sandy-white beach, the authentic Thai restaurants and the cosy Ban Tai marina where you will be able to rent boats and go on fishing trips.
Ban Tai Facilities, Bars and Restaurants
Ban Tai is located on the way from Thong Sala towards Ban Khai and Haad Rin and has main facilities like mini marts, a 7 Eleven supermarket, internet shops, motorbike rental, massage, shops, bars, restaurants as well as some art and handicraft shops.
On the main road between Ban Tai and Thong Sala there are quite some restaurants, beer and lady bars.
- Fancy a romantic Italian dinner in a very nice decorated and air conditioned restaurant? Visit Fabio’s on the main road between Ban Tai en Ban Khai.
- For the freshest seafood and tradional Thai food the Fishermans Restaurant on the main road before entering Ban Tai is the place to go, if you’re early you might be able to have the special table in the boat on the beach for a romantic dinner!
- For breakfast or other specialties visit Nira’s Bakery on the main road, they have a large variety of sandwiches, pastries but burgers, pizzas and Thai food as well.
- If you would like to try the famous Thai buffet BBQ (named Moo Krata in Thai) go to Meaw Moo Krata in Ban Tai on the right side of the main road on the way to Ban Khai. Seafood, meat, vegetables and more for only THB 120,- per person and all you can eat!
- Just past the 7/11 on the left side you’ll find Ban Tai Pizza, a small but good quality restaurant (don’t forget to try the excellent ravioli).
- If you have been to one of the parties but not ready to go to bed you can visit the Ban Sabai After Parties at Mac Bay Resort in Ban Tai. Usually it opens around 7 AM and here you can chill out after a night of dancing or dance some more!
- The Buddha Art Shop on the main road near Nira’s Bakery, on the opposite side of the road, is a must go if you appreciate Thai paintings and art.
- The Hideout Bar in Ban Tai on the main road has great drinks and a very special, relaxed atmosphere.
- Opposite of here you can find the Karma House which serves great English food and the White Rabbit Bar where you can eat, drink and occasionally enjoy live music.
- The Beach House is located on the beach front near Milky Bay Resort. There is a very nice beach bar and restaurant, a basketball court and they organize parties on a regular basis.
- Little Calcutta is a small indian restaurant with delicious food in Ban Tai on the main road
- The Castle is a new Steakhouse in Ban Tai where you can dine in a relaxed atmosphere